Mastering the smouldering smokey eye doesn’t necessarily have to be a huge challenge. Start thinking less panda and more provocative; this look guarantees instant sex-appeal and, approved by celebrities worldwide, isn’t as tricky to achieve as it looks. Get your sexy, sultry eyes by following these 5 easy steps:
1. First, apply a light, creamy concealer to the under eye area and all over the eyelid; creating a smooth base for your eyeshadow to stick to. It is also worth remembering that you should transform your eyes before applying foundation to ensure that you don’t ruin your base with any pesky eyeshadow dust!
2. Next, the eyeliner. Using a black, kohl pencil, line both the top and bottom rims before tracing your top lash line from the inner corner to the outer. With the same pencil, begin to line your lower lashes, slightly smudging as you work using a blending brush, cotton bud or your finger to create the desired ‘undone’ look.
3. Eyeliner done? Time to add the all important shadow. Start by sweeping a paler colour across the entire lid, then take a medium shade and begin applying from the center of your eyelid. To finish off the eyeshadow, sweep the darkest hue into the outer corner and crease of your eye. Remember to use your brush to blend the different shadows together using upward and outward movements – this will give your eyes the ultimate intense look!
4. To make sure your upper lid doesn’t look too heavy, take the darker shade and apply a little along your lower lash line which will balance out the intensity and reduce the harshness of the upper eye.
5. Finally, finish off the look with your favourite jet black mascara. Use false eyelashes for a more dramatic look!
This classic, charcoal look will forever be a woman’s beauty safety net. However, smokey eyes don’t always have to be done using blacks and greys – once you have mastered the technique, experiment with brighter colours for a different take on this gorgeous old-favourite.